If you’re looking for a quick, easy and thoughtful gift for the dog lover on your list, I’m going to offer you a suggestion. You only need 2 ingredients:
- Milkbones (or dog biscuits of your choice – you could even make your own)
- White chocolate morsels (or wafers).
- Lay out the dog biscuits on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Empty one 10-oz package of white morsels in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Take out, stir. Microwave another 10-15 seconds until the chips are completely melted. Be careful not to over-cook as they will burn and you’ll have to start all over.
- When the morsels are melted, grab a spoon and drizzle the white chocolate over the bones on the cookie sheet. You can add food coloring to make them more festive, and you can also dip the bones halfway in the white chocolate instead to make them half-dipped.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 5 minutes, then take out and wrap them up however you’d like. I like wrapping them in little cello bags or little treat boxes and adding a ribbon. I also add a little note, for example, saying “Merry Christmas to Sparky, love Santa Paws” and they make wonderful gifts for my dog-loving friends!
And yes, if you’re wondering – white chocolate is SAFE for dogs. It contains no cocoa which is what is toxic in regular chocolate. Hope you (and your dog friends) enjoy!